To Put Motorola Netopia model 3000 DSL Router in Bridge Mode, do the following:
1. Open a web browser and enter ip address of the router. (e.g: http://18.104.22.168)
Enter the username and password to access the router (e.g. un:. admin password: mypass)
2. Click on EXPERT MODE
3. Click on CONFIGURE
4. Click on WAN (before continue see * note below)
5. Enable Gateway checkbox should be checked. UNCHECK IT
6. Click on ADVANCED
7. Under Services, Click on ETHERNET BRIDGE
8. Enabled System Bridge should be unchecked. CHECK IT
9. Click on the SUBMIT button
10. Click on the YELLOW ALLERT triangle on the top right of the screen
11. Click on SAVE AND RESTART
The router will update the changes you made for about one minute or so. You will get a warning message; Once it finishes it will prompt for username and password again.
YOU ARE DONE!
* NOTE: (On the WAN screen, click on PPP over Ethernet vcc1 to make sure ENABLE GATEWAY is checked) – IT SHOULD ALWAYS be Checked. If checked click on the BACK button of the browser and go to step 5 above
Also, click on LAN to make sure ENABLE GATEWAY is checked – IT SHOULD ALWAYS be checked. If checked, click on the BACK button of the browser and go to step 5 above
P.S. When you put the router in bridge mode DHCP will be automatically disabled so you don’t need to worry about that, This way you can enable DHCP on your internal firewall/router.